Planning is an important part of your financial path here at BYU. Begin by looking at the average costs of attending BYU.
Complete the BYU Scholarship Application online.
We encourage all students to complete the online scholarship application, regardless of their circumstances. By completing a minimum of the first three optional sections you will be considered for all possible scholarships offered by the Financial Aid Office:
Prospective new freshmen are eligible to apply for undergraduate scholarships beginning with the term/semester they are admitted. Freshmen must submit all admissions materials to the Admissions Office by the scholarship deadline in order to be considered for scholarships.
Freshmen Academic Criteria
Former and continuing undergraduate degree-seeking students are eligible to apply for undergraduate scholarships. Former students receive consideration as continuing students.
Continuing Student Academic Criteria
Continuing Student academic criteria are determined at the beginning of the awarding process, and therefore...
- Free money that does not have to be repaid.
- Generally awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or a graduate degree and show financial need by completing the FAFSA.
- Eligibility is limited to 12 semesters, or the equivalent (roughly six years).
- Eligible classes must be...
International students are eligible to be considered for academic scholarships.
- New freshmen, transfer and former students entering BYU beginning spring term, summer term, or fall semester must submit the scholarship application by the February 1 scholarship deadline.
- New or former students...
Students can receive department and college scholarships in addition to university scholarships. Contact both your department and your college advisement center for additional opportunities. Each department/college determines its own scholarship recipients and may have different deadlines and application forms.
Why does BYU give scholarships?
Where does BYU receive its scholarship funds?
If students do not claim their scholarships, does the money go unused?
If I didn't receive a scholarship as a new freshman, am I eligible for future awards?
An off-campus scholarship is a scholarship you receive from a granting organization other than BYU. The 529 Savings Plans are also processed through the Financial Aid Office.
To see your current and past awards, visit My Financial Center Scholarship Summary.