Dates & Deadlines for Grants & Loans
- For the 2017-2018 academic year (Fall 2017 through Summer 2018) BYU must receive a valid and eligible FAFSA while you are still enrolled OR June, 30 2018, whichever comes first.
- For the 2018-19 academic year (Fall 2018 through Summer 2019) BYU must receive a valid and eligible FAFSA while you are still enrolled OR June 30, 2019, whichever comes first.
- If selected, you must complete verification in order to be awarded, or keep your awarded aid.
- The deadline is 120 days from the last day of your enrollment OR August 31 of the award year; whichever comes first.
- Tuition is due one week prior to the first day of class for each semester/term.
- Final tuition deadline is the add/drop deadline of the specific semester/term, if not paid by this date classes will be deleted.
Semester Add/Drop Deadlines
(for Pell Grant eligibility)
- Fall 2017 – September 12
- Winter 2018 – January 16
- Spring 2018 – May 8
- Summer 2018 – July 2
- Spring/Summer combined – July 2
- Fall/Winter begins – Early-May 2018
- Spring/Summer begins – Early-April 2018
*Note: Semester only applicants will experience delays
- The last day of class for the semester/term is:
- Last day to accept awarded Direct Loans (Subsidized, Unsubsidized, PLUS).
- Last day to submit a promissory note for MSM or Woolley Loans.
- Fall/Winter - aid will begin posting to your student account on the tuition deadline.
- Spring/Summer – aid will begin posting as soon as the previous term has ended.
*Note: Your aid has to be awarded and you must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Excess funds refunds will begin three days after the first day of class for each semester/term (with the exception of spring term, which will begin four days after). This will be sent via direct deposit, or mailed to your myBYU mailing address.*Note: Part-time students must confirm their hours with OneStop Student Services at (801)422-4104 before a refund is issued.