1. Complete the Dependent/Independent Online Verification Form task on My Financial Center. Your answers on the form will determine whom we need a transcript from.
2. Go to IRS.gov and click on 'Get a tax transcript'.
3. Choose which method to receive your transcript. Transcripts requested through the mail take 5-10 days. Transcripts requested online are immediately available for download.
4. Enter your SSN, DOB, and address. Make sure the address entered is the address which was used to file taxes.
* Helpful hint: Go to usps.com > Look Up a Zip Code by Address to verify the address entered is correctly formatted to match the government's databases (i.e. Lane vs. Ln.)
5. Select 'Tax Return Transcript' as the transcript type along with the correct tax year.
*We will not accept a 'Tax Account Transcript'
What if I Can't Get a Transcript?
If your request for a transcript is unsuccessful (for reasons other than name, SSN, DOB, and address not matching the IRS records), or you believe you are a victim of tax related identity theft, please make an appointment with a OneStop Counselor by calling 801-422-7075.